[fedora-java] libvirt-java bindings

Andrew Haley aph at redhat.com
Tue Jul 1 15:54:33 UTC 2008

Daniel Veillard wrote:
>   the java class compilations break for example with java-1.5.0-gcj [-devel]
> on Fedora-8 (didn't tried icedtea yet, though I guess that would work)
> this looks related to dependancies when compiling a bunch of .java
> together in one command as
>
>    /usr/bin/javac -classpath "org/libvirt" org/libvirt/*.java
>    2. ERROR in org/libvirt/VirConnectAuthDefault.java (at line 14)
>    	credType= new  VirConnectCredential.VirConnectCredentialType[] {
> 	^^^^^^^^
> 	credType cannot be resolved
>
> though VirConnectCredential.java is there and defines the type.

Hmm.  I think we need to find out if this is a real bug in ecj, and
fix it if so.  I can't remember seeing anything like this before.

Can you create a stand-alone test case that shows this failure?  I can't
figure out how to do so.

I don't think we should target a particular Java compiler if that can be
avoided.

Andrew.