[fedora-java] libvirt-java bindings

Mary Ellen Foster mefoster at gmail.com
Tue Jul 1 16:36:56 UTC 2008

[ oops, just replied to Andrew the first time ... ]

2008/7/1 Andrew Haley <aph at redhat.com>:
> Daniel Veillard wrote:
>>   the java class compilations break for example with java-1.5.0-gcj [-devel]
>> on Fedora-8 (didn't tried icedtea yet, though I guess that would work)
>> this looks related to dependancies when compiling a bunch of .java
>> together in one command as
>>
>>    /usr/bin/javac -classpath "org/libvirt" org/libvirt/*.java
>>    2. ERROR in org/libvirt/VirConnectAuthDefault.java (at line 14)
>>       credType= new  VirConnectCredential.VirConnectCredentialType[] {
>>       ^^^^^^^^
>>       credType cannot be resolved
>>
>> though VirConnectCredential.java is there and defines the type.
>
> Hmm.  I think we need to find out if this is a real bug in ecj, and
> fix it if so.  I can't remember seeing anything like this before.
>
> Can you create a stand-alone test case that shows this failure?  I can't
> figure out how to do so.

I think the problem might actually be a lack of "-source 1.5" on the
javac line, actually. Without that, it doesn't seem to like the "enum"
declarations and doesn't create any of the enum classes, resulting in
the above error (and, if you scroll down, errors about the enum
declarations too).

This is testing with java-1.5.0-gcj-devel-1.5.0.0-17.fc8 on Fedora 8, FWIW.

MEF

--
Mary Ellen Foster -- http://homepages.inf.ed.ac.uk/mef/
Informatik 6: Robotics and Embedded Systems, Technische Universität München