[fedora-java] eclipse problems on fedora

Guy McArthur guymac at gmail.com
Sun Jan 3 02:42:47 UTC 2010

Hello, I want to use the Google Eclipse plugin for developing
appengine stuff in fedora 12 x86_64 kde spin but have encountered
serious problems getting this going. The straightforward way,
downloading the whole platform from eclipse.org has a rendering bug.
In the attached screenshot, the Google repository has been added, the
items are there: text shows up when you click in the right areas, but
nothing is shown or selectable. There are other weird problems with
various controls including buttons and dropdowns. This is with both
the latest openjdk and sunjdk. I don't know where in the stack (SWT,
GTK, KDE/Qt, X, ATI radeon driver, SELinux?) the problem could be so
am not sure where to file a bug report.

With the other way, installing eclipse from fedora repositories via
yum, I'm not sure how to add the Google plugin or any of its
dependencies.

What is the path of least resistance here?