[fedora-java] eclipse problems on fedora

Andrew Overholt overholt at redhat.com
Fri Jan 8 13:39:00 UTC 2010

* Guy McArthur <guymac at gmail.com> [2010-01-08 08:32]:
> Hello, I want to use the Google Eclipse plugin for developing
> appengine stuff in fedora 12 x86_64 kde spin but have encountered
> serious problems getting this going. The straightforward way,
> downloading the whole platform from eclipse.org has a rendering bug.

Try exporting GDK_NATIVE_WINDOWS=true and re-running.  There are some
SWT bugs on GTK 2.18.  Query for GTK2.18 at bugs.eclipse.org and you'll
find a few.  We've backported a few fixes and made the above environment
variable a default in our Eclipse packages in Fedora 12.

> With the other way, installing eclipse from fedora repositories via
> yum, I'm not sure how to add the Google plugin or any of its
> dependencies.

You do it the same way, using the update manager.  The only sticking
point is that the Galileo repository isn't there by default.  It's easy
to add, though.  Just enter the URL as
http://download.eclipse.org/releases/galileo

Andrew