Perl module rpm dependency problem

Dag Wieers dag at wieers.com
Thu Jul 31 21:40:58 UTC 2003

On Thu, 31 Jul 2003, Jos Vos wrote:

> On Thu, Jul 31, 2003 at 06:42:41PM +0300, Ville Skyttä wrote:
>
> > If you peek at the affected files, you'll see that they actually are not
> > "included" as far as rpm is concerned.  rpm looks at the "package foo"
> > statements when building the list of Provides, and "use/require foo" for
> > Requires.
>
> Ah yes, ok, then I shouldn't blame rpm's scripts.

The find-requires.perl and find-provides.perl are obsoleted.
They're just using the normal find-requires and find-provides scripts.
It was Matthias who thaught me that ;)

> > Those files do not have a package of their own, instead they blend into
> > the XML::SAX::PurePerl package.  And perl allows one to use() them using
> > the fully qualified, "fake" package name (based on the dir structure, I
> > believe).
>
> What about packaging XML-SAX-PurePerl?  Shouldn't that solve the
> problem?  I have to admit I don't know much about this area, but
> I needed XML-SAX because it is required by XML-LibXML.

I have them packaged without the problems you mention. You can find them
(and the SPEC files) at:

	http://dag.wieers.com/packages/

All my perl packages share the same logic (there's a small difference
between binary and noarch packages though).

Kind regards,