2.6.1 kernel question

Michael K. Johnson johnsonm at redhat.com
Thu Jan 22 15:41:43 UTC 2004

On Thu, Jan 22, 2004 at 12:00:10AM -0800, Alan wrote:
> ALSA took a slight bit of hacking, but is working. I noticed that the
> arjan version has the OSS modules built as well.  I kind of like having
> the OSS modules not built since it forced me to configure correctly.

Yup!  :-)

Arjan will be turning OSS off as well -- the only way to find out
what is broken with ALSA is not to have OSS turned on; then bugs
in ALSA will get reported.  If folks have the option of easily
just reverting to OSS, we won't hear about the bugs and we'll
never be able to transition...

michaelkjohnson

 http://people.redhat.com/johnsonm/lad/