tcltk

Charles Lopes tjarls at iee.lu
Wed Mar 10 15:00:58 UTC 2004

Alain wrote:

>hello,
>
>some old programs do not work or to be recompiled with new tcltk.
>
>is a compatibility package with 8.3.* possible ?
>
>for use this old programs with FC2, I have recompiled some SRPMS (i.e.
>python, rythmbox, ...) with tcltk 8.3, but this is not a good solution
>for many users.
>
>(sorry for my bad englih)

Some private functions and variables from tk have been moved to the
namespace ::tk and this has broken programs that used them. One of such
programs is tkgnats. It uses the function tkCancelRepeat. Using
replacing it by ::tk::CancelRepeat fixes the problem. Maybe a mention
about this deprecation in tk should be included in the release notes for
FC2 if it isn't there already.