Re: i386 devel packages in x86_64 tree (alsa)

Warren Togami wrote:
Brian Gerst wrote:

Bill Nottingham wrote:

Orion Poplawski (orion cora nwra com) said:

Is there a particular criteria for which i386 devel packages end up the
in the x86_64 tree?

Generally, the LSB set. There is discussion of expanding it, but
that will require some work.

Bill

In order to compile wine on x86_64 I had to install the X and openssl devel packages from the i386 repo.

You folks might be happier rebuilding i386 SRPMS on your x86_64 by using mock. It is almost fully automated.

Warren Togami
wtogami redhat com

I'm not building it through RPM. Wine has the necessary logic to compile as 32-bit even on x86_64. All that is missing is the symbolic links from libfoo.so -> libfoo.so.x for the 32-bit libs, which the i386 devel packages provide.

--
				Brian Gerst