Change to bzip2?

Steve G linux_4ever at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 3 14:29:29 UTC 2005

>What is really needed is to change package transport, not diddle with
>package guts, to use rsync like, rather than raw http transport.

I think you will always need to support http or ftp because of corporate
firewalling rules. Therefore, decreasing the rpm file size needs to be
considered. Mandrake srpms are almost always smaller than RH. That really helps
downloading. And I'm sure that helps take the load off the servers, too.

-Steve Grubb