mod_bt package

Kenneth Porter shiva at sewingwitch.com
Sun Feb 13 05:38:19 UTC 2005

Has anyone attempted to capture mod_bt in an RPM?

<http://www.crackerjack.net/mod_bt/>

>From the web page:

> mod_bt is a BitTorrent tracker for the Apache webserver. It is written in
> C and runs as an Apache 2.x module. It is possible for mod_perl or PHP
> to directly access the tracker's information; no need to download and
> bdecode scrape URLs. The tracker is fully configured from within Apache's
> own configuration file.

I tried simply building it from the tarball tonight but it fails trying to
build the Apache part, and I think its assumptions about APR are wrong, as
it can't find apr.h. (apr-devel is installed, and the file is in
/usr/include/apr-0/.)

I'm no expert on building Apache modules and certainly not on how RH has
packaged the associated development system, so I'm not sure how to proceed.
Is there a "canonical Apache module RPM" that can be used as an example of
how modules should be organized in the RPM environment?