FC4 slimfast slimfest

Alexandre Oliva aoliva at redhat.com
Mon Feb 21 21:58:14 UTC 2005

On Feb 21, 2005, Elliot Lee <sopwith at redhat.com> wrote:

> 	The mirror sites with limited bandwidth and disk space will be
> 	likely to stop mirroring Fedora Core.

And as Fedora shrinks in out-of-the-box usability because more and
more important features will be pushed to Extras, that won't be
available from CD vendors nor downloadable in the form of CDs, they
might even stop mirroring Fedora Core since nobody will want it.

Or are Extras going to actually be made part of the distro for real,
as opposed to a dump of packages that we can't fit in 4 CDs, or don't
want to support, or both?