extras cvs sponsoring (was: Re: FC4 slimfast slimfest)

Michael Schwendt fedora at wir-sind-cool.org
Tue Feb 22 01:41:04 UTC 2005

On Mon, 21 Feb 2005 17:40:52 -0500, Brian Pepple wrote:

> On Mon, 2005-02-21 at 14:26 -0800, Toshio Kuratomi wrote:
> > > if you don't know how to get on the team go here:
> > > http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Extras/CvsAccess
> > >
> > Yep.  But fear of rejection has always kept me shy :-)
> >
> > -Toshio
> >
> Same here.
>
> /B

I agree with the suggestion which has been made on fedora-extras-list.
Submit clean ready-to-ship updates (i.e. diffs against CVS, or complete
src.rpms) which can be imported into CVS without the QA overhead as
known from fedora.us. Then more developers (e.g. via extras-commits-list)
will see your changes and can build an opinion. For packagers, who've
met me in fedora.us QA queue, I'm willing to serve as proxy to CVS.
Before we see how this sponsoring works out in practice, I'm somewhat
conservative with whom to sponsor immediately. And I think the CVS
accounts maintenance thing is not ready yet either.

Private mail or a bugzilla ticket with proper CC should do
(bugs.michael AT gmx.net is my address in bugzilla).