FC4 slimfast slimfest

Alexandre Oliva aoliva at redhat.com
Tue Feb 22 01:46:45 UTC 2005

On Feb 21, 2005, Bill Nottingham <notting at redhat.com> wrote:

> Chris Adams (cmadams at hiwaay.net) said:
>> That's also why I think there should be ISOs of Fedora Extras available.
>> Maybe not for FC4 (if pushing something significant from FC3 to FE4 can
>> be avoided), but down the road.

> Having ISOs doesn't solve this at install/upgrade time, without the
> support in the installer.

Then we're about to make the big mistake of introducing extras before
being able to make it *feel* like part of the distribution.

Think of it this way: would you push OOo to extras?  Why not?  If so,
why insist on pushing other very, perhaps even more useful pieces of
software there, before they have be regarded as actually part of the
distro, not as second-class citizens?