FC4 slimfast slimfest

Chris Adams cmadams at hiwaay.net
Tue Feb 22 02:11:00 UTC 2005

Once upon a time, Alexandre Oliva <aoliva at redhat.com> said:
> Think of it this way: would you push OOo to extras?  Why not?  If so,
> why insist on pushing other very, perhaps even more useful pieces of
> software there, before they have be regarded as actually part of the
> distro, not as second-class citizens?

How many Fedora users will use OOo vs. how many will use Java
development tools?  The main use most users have for Java is applets,
and Fedora doesn't have anything for applets yet (you still have to use
Sun's JRE which can't be included in Fedora).

I think you are overestimating the importance of Java to the average
user.
--
Chris Adams <cmadams at hiwaay.net>