rawhide report: 20050222 changes

Michael Favia michael.favia at insitesinc.com
Fri Feb 25 01:20:32 UTC 2005

Peter Robinson wrote:

> Network install is fine for those that have big network pipes. Some of
>
>us live at the end of a crappy 28K dialup because we have 25Kms of
>copper from the exchange and the encumbant Aussie telco won't do
>anything about it :-)

And a viable CD based alternative should be provided. Including the
ability to make "extras" cd's on the fly perhaps. but i dont think that
the fedora project should organize itself around your problems because
you represent the past. I think it is important to embrace the future
(network installs from truncated media) and still provide for those who
[for whatever reason] are stuck in the past (28.8). On the fly
CD's/DVD's are a great gapping tool for this IMO.
-mf