Exim as default MTA.

Michael A. Peters mpeters at mac.com
Fri Feb 25 08:29:57 UTC 2005

On 02/23/2005 11:15:07 AM, Nicolas Mailhot wrote:
> I think the only reason the
> postfix crowd is silent right now people can't even imagine RH
> relenting
> on sendmail, while exim users still have some hope left.

I'm a postfix fan because it was easy (as in cake) to set it up to run
in a chroot jail back when I first started using it, which was when
sendmail exploit after exploit ad infinitum were being found (a couple
years ago) - I was running an LFS system at the time, and that was a
PITA.

postfix didn't have those vulnerabilities, and I could chroot it as an
extra measure.

Now I just use the default Fedora rpm and don't run it in a chroot, but
OTOH I'm also now only using it for mail on a lan and not to talk to
(or receive from) outside world, so chroot isn't as critical to set up.

I'm not speaking up here though because I know nothing about exim.

--
Michael A. Peters
http://mpeters.us/