Intel Pro Wireless cards

Richard Hughes ee21rh at surrey.ac.uk
Mon Feb 28 17:41:47 UTC 2005

On Mon, 28 Feb 2005 12:09:47 -0500, Eric Warnke wrote:
> After reviewing the archives of the various lists I have found no
> discussion on the topic of wireless driver inclusion in FC.

Same with Atmel at76c50x wireless chips.

See http://thekelleys.org.uk/atmel/

Debian : non-free
 [http://packages.debian.org/unstable/net/atmel-firmware],
SuSE : GPL, Other License(s), packaged.
 [http://www.novell.com/products/linuxpackages/professional/atmel-firmware.html]
Ubuntu : In main distribution.
 [http://higgs.djpig.de/ubuntu/www/hoary/net/atmel-firmware]

Copyright File here:

/******************************************************************************/
/*   Copyright (c) 2004-07-05 Atmel Corporation.  All Rights Reserved.	      */
/*									      */
/* Redistribution and use of the microcode software ("Firmware") is           */
/* permitted provided that the following conditions are met:		      */
/* Firmware is redistributed in object code only, specifically, only 	      */
/* in two file formats: (a) .h header file; or (b) .rom binary image file;    */
/*									      */
/* Any reproduction of Firmware must contain the above copyright notice,      */
/* this list of conditions and the below disclaimer in the documentation      */
/* and/or other materials provided with the distribution; and		      */
/* The name of Atmel Corporation may not be used to endorse or promote 	      */
/* products derived from this Firmware without specific prior written consent.*/
/******************************************************************************/

/******************************************************************************/
/*  DISCLAIMER:  ATMEL PROVIDES THIS FIRMWARE "AS IS" WITH NO WARRANTIES      */
/*  OR INDEMNITIES WHATSOEVER.  ATMEL EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ANY EXPRESS,        */
/*  STATUTORY OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO,           */
/*  THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR       */
/*  PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT.  IN NO EVENT SHALL ATMEL BE LIABLE FOR      */
/*  ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL,	EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL   */
/*  DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS   */
/*  OR SERVICES; LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION)     */
/*  HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT,       */
/*  STRICT LIABILITY, OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING     */
/*  IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE OF THIS FIRMWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE        */
/*  POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.					     	      */
/*   								              */
/*  USER ACKNOWLEDGES AND AGREES THAT THE PURCHASE OR USE OF THE FIRMWARE     */
/*  WILL NOT CREATE OR GIVE GROUNDS FOR A LICENSE BY IMPLICATION, ESTOPPEL,   */
/*  OR OTHERWISE IN ANY INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS 		              */
/*  (PATENT, COPYRIGHT, TRADE SECRET, MASK WORK, OR OTHER PROPRIETARY RIGHT)  */
/*  EMBODIED IN ANY OTHER ATMEL HARDWARE OR FIRMWARE EITHER SOLELY	      */
/*  OR IN COMBINATION WITH THE FIRMWARE.				      */

Is this a package for livna, core or extras?

Richard.

--

http://www.hughsie.com/PUBLIC-KEY