I want more CDs in the distribution

Kenneth Porter shiva at sewingwitch.com
Mon Feb 28 23:01:56 UTC 2005

--On Monday, February 28, 2005 7:02 PM -0300 Pedro Fernandes Macedo
<webmaster at margo.bijoux.nom.br> wrote:

> One example to answer the question: I'm a computer science student in the
> biggest university in my city (the 3rd
> biggest capital of brazil). And guess what? Until recently (at least 1
> year ago), I was the only one with a DVD burner (the Digital Image
> Processing
> Lab bought a dvd burner 4 months after me and my best friend just bought
> one). 3 burners in an universe of 1500+ people gives an idea on
> how hard would it be to burn that media ....

The prices dropped fast recently, at least in the US. I bought an external
USB2 burner maybe two years ago, for $400, and now an internal drive can be
had for about $70, and a USB2 enclosure for maybe another $50. Has Brazil
seen any of that drop?