Fedora Core 4 test 1 freeze ahead

Colin Charles byte at aeon.com.my
Mon Feb 14 01:04:30 UTC 2005

On Sun, 2005-02-13 at 22:51 +0000, David Woodhouse wrote:

> I'm using a lot of FC3/ppc machines for real work, and there's basically
> not a lot wrong with FC3 other than the installer, either.

Agreed. We need to fix:
a) autopartitioning
b) since we provide a correct yaboot.conf, just run mkofboot and bless
it

> >APM is still installed by default. Why is apmd.spec showing:
> >        ExclusiveArch: %{ix86} ppc
> >
> >Do we really want apmd running on PPC? I'd have figured pmud/pbbuttonsd
> >(i'm vouching for the former) would be a better bet.
>
> We don't get battstat_applet support in gnome-applets unless we
> provide /usr/lib/libapm.a. Yes, that sucks.

Urgh.

> > Incidentally, David Woodhouse should be posting (or has already
> >posted) for pmud's inclusion into Extras
>
> Waiting for someone to second it.

Aye from me, though I haven't taken a look at the spec file/built it
yet. Will do so soon (after I fix selinux issues)
Colin Charles, byte at aeon.com.my
http://www.bytebot.net/
then you win." -- Mohandas Gandhi