Move Evolution to Extras?

Dimi Paun dimi at lattica.com
Wed Dec 27 18:49:44 UTC 2006

On Wed, December 27, 2006 1:20 pm, David Nielsen wrote:
> mailer I've tried. That doesn't stop the massive amount of unrelated
> suckage though, like the infamous #217567 wherein Evolution entirely
> refuses to send mail for no apparent reason or the many other quirks.

Not to mention that after the latest set of updates, Evolution simply
refuses to send any email that is not addressed to someone in my domain
(lattica.com).

A mailer that refuses to send email is not very useful, is it? I can't be
the only person hit by this, and yet people seem to just look the other way.

Anyway, the Composer in Evo is in many ways better than in other mailers,
especially when dealing with code. For example, you can select a bit of
the message so it is the only part that's quoted, you can easily mark
part of the message as Preformatted to prevent it from wrapping lines, etc.
These are very handy for people dealing with code reviews and so forth.

--
Dimi Paun <dimi at lattica.com>
Lattica, Inc.