Move Evolution to Extras?

Dimi Paun dimi at lattica.com
Thu Dec 28 05:20:10 UTC 2006

On Wed, December 27, 2006 8:45 pm, Florin Andrei wrote:
> Hm, actually, the composer, to me, seemed like one of the worst Evo
> components. I don't use HTML formatting too often, but on those rare
> occasions when I do, Evo had pretty nasty formatting issues.

Hmm. maybe so, but I never use it in HTML mail, so I can't really
comment on that. For plain text, it's pretty good.

> Anyway, I've been using Evo since... I don't know, maybe version 0.1 :-)
> and recently, when upgrading to FC6, I just couldn't take it anymore and
> switched to Thunderbird.

It's great you could do that. I tried, believe me! (I've updated to FC6
months ago, and I still can't send email!!! HTF is this an acceptable
situation is beyond me, but people seem generally unconcerned about it)

However, there are a couple of things that make Thunderbird not useful
to me (due to the fact that I need to use it to comment on code):
  1. The ability to select the portion that you want to reply to.
     For large patches, this is priceless, I don't want to have a huge
     reply that I have to trim to a few relevant lines.
  2. More importantly, I need to be able to disable line wrapping,
     which doesn't seem possible in Thunderbird.

Regardless, I'm sure a lot of folks will find it hard to switch
from Evo willy-nilly. RH needs to get its act together and fix
this situation before RHEL5.

--
Dimi Paun <dimi at lattica.com>
Lattica, Inc.