[Offtopic] Rather amusing diagram on wikipedia

Warren Togami wtogami at redhat.com
Sun Dec 31 11:42:31 UTC 2006

Konstantin Ryabitsev wrote:
> There's an "organizational" diagram on wikipedia that seems a little
> fishy to me: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fedora_Project . I'm not up
> to speed on the finer details of Fedora Project organizational chart,
> but I believe that diagram is a little... random, especially seeing as
> apparently the ultimate goal of everything Fedora Project does is RHEL
> releases. :)
>
> Maybe someone from the project who is familiar with the orgranization
> cares enough to update the page?
>
> Cheers,

My thoughts...

1) RHEL helps to drive inputs of resource priorities and technology
directions.
2) RHEL however as an output is a fork of Fedora.
3) Third party repositories don't really belong on this chart, unless
the chart is referring to arbitrary forks.  Then there could be two
different kinds of forks, distro forks (RHEL, Aurora, etc.) or
add-on/replacement repo forks.

In any case, it should be the Fedora Project itself making an official
org chart instead of some unknown person posting this kind of thing.

Warren Togami
wtogami at redhat.com