add --enable-libsuffix=64 (or --with-extra-libs={%_libdir} )

Rex Dieter rdieter at
Thu Jan 12 15:40:17 UTC 2006

Neal Becker wrote:
> Rex Dieter wrote:
>>Neal Becker wrote:
>>>I've been testing FC5T1, and as I'm building some kde packages, I seem to
>>>need to add --enable-libsuffix=64.  Probably because X moved.
>>Every libsuffix problem I've seen wrt kde apps had to do with qt, and
>>was solved by defining QTINC/QTLIB, which is done now by qt-devel's
>>Perhaps if you could post more details, we could help more instead of
>>merely speculating... (-:
>>-- Rex
> Sure.  I grabbed the latest krename-3.0.10 tar, and after minor editing to
> krename.spec included in the tar (copyright->license) try build:
> + ./configure --build=x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu --host=x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu
> --target=x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu --program-prefix= --prefix=/usr
> --exec-prefix=/usr --bindir=/usr/bin --sbindir=/usr/sbin --sysconfdir=/etc
> --datadir=/usr/share --includedir=/usr/include --libdir=/usr/lib64
> --libexecdir=/usr/libexec --localstatedir=/var --sharedstatedir=/usr/com
> --mandir=/usr/share/man --infodir=/usr/share/info
> ...
> checking for X... libraries /usr/lib, headers .
> Nope, that won't work!
> If I add --enable-libsuffix=64:
> checking for X... libraries /usr/lib64, headers .
> This seems to happen on several kde packages I tried.  I believe it is

OK, looks like your diagnosis was right, though I'd argue that 
./configure is broken.  It *should* look in what was passed by --libdir=...

Another (cleaner, IMO) workaround is to add to configure:

-- Rex

More information about the fedora-devel-list mailing list