Pull off AIGLX repoistory?

Rahul sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Wed Jul 26 17:14:25 UTC 2006

alan wrote:
> On Wed, 26 Jul 2006, Rahul wrote:
>
>> dragoran wrote:

>>> if we know that it will break a module that many users use than why not?
>>
>> We dont test out proprietary software against any update produced by
>> Fedora. Why should Xorg or kernel updates be a exception?
>
> We should at least warn people when we know there is going to be a problem.

Just so that I understand the suggestion better. When we know there is a
potential breakage for third party components which is almost always a
possibility on any major update, we should warn people by a note in the
in the fedora-package-announce list? How many people are going to notice
that? What if they simply run Pup or Yum update or even set the
automated updates cron job?  Wouldnt such announcements on occasions
cause people to rely on us to test and figure out what when its going to
break and warn them?

The only way to reduce any breakages such as this is not release major
updates at all.

Rahul