groupware for Fedora

Mon Jul 3 14:25:54 UTC 2006

On Mon, 2006-07-03 at 11:41 +0200, Helge Hess wrote:
> On Jul 3, 2006, at 09:42, Erwin Rol wrote:
> >> Build instructions are also available, SOPE:
> >>    http://sope.opengroupware.org/en/build/thirdparty.html
> >>    http://sope.opengroupware.org/en/build/sope.html
> >> and OGo:
> >>    http://www.opengroupware.org/en/devs/build/ogo.html
> >>
> >> Those do not work for you on a supported platform??? (i.e. not 64bit)
> >> If not, please provide feedback! (feedback at opengroupware.org or one
> >> of the mailing lists)
> >
> > As explained in the other mail, its not the RPM's provided by OGo but
> > building the SRPM's in a Fedora compatible way.
>
> The instructions above are for tarballs, not for RPMs. And together
> with the existing specfiles it should be reasonably easy to produce a
> set of Fedora compatible specs (in fact you only need to strip out
> the generic $(var) stuff in the specfiles and you should be done).
>
> (probably this is what Axel did?, I didn't know about it :-)

The things upto and including sope are probably easy to add to FE.
Opengroupware it self might need some tuning to fit into the FE
buildsystem.

> > On 64bit the number of compiler warnings is just scary, it is very
> > unlikely that they are all harmless.
>
> As mentioned again and again OGo is not (yet) ported to 64bit ;-)
> This is probably not a hard task, but needs to be done (and yes you
> are right, those warnings must be fixed for that ;-)
>
> BTW stuff like that (those are the majority of the warnings when
> compiling with gcc 4.1 on 32bit):
>
>    NGLdapAttribute.m:66: warning: pointer type mismatch in
> conditional expression
>
> are in fact harmless. Its due to a small bug in the GCC type checker.
> (but there are probably others on 64bit which are problematic)

Well due to the large number of harmless warnings the non-harmless
warnings will be missed. I think software should compile without
warnings or even with -Werror.

- Erwin