evolution and exchange slow fetching

Gianluca Cecchi gianluca.cecchi at gmail.com
Thu Mar 2 09:18:52 UTC 2006

Hello,
I have latest evolution packages from rawhide and have configured an
exchange user.
evolution-sharp-0.10.2-8
evolution-webcal-2.4.1-3.2
evolution-2.5.92-1
evolution-connector-2.5.92-1
evolution-data-server-1.5.92-1

Fetching summary information for new messages seems quite slow.
For example, if I:
- open evolution and let synchronize inbox folder (3500 messages and
116MB in size)
- then I'm able to work well
- close evolution
- open evolution immediately after
- it takes quite much time (about 2 minutes) to redo fetch of summary
information (to fetch actually nothing) and in the mean time I have
the right screen for inbox contents that is empty, so that I'm not
able to see any past message and so on

I would like to have this fetch operation (that in my test btw should
be in some way instantaneous) done in background and start work with
my previous inbox e-mails at least.
Is there a setting I have to provide in configuration for exchange
account in evolution, or can I post as a bug? Where, upstream or
rawhide?

Gianluca