which gstreamer versions in official fc5?

John Thacker thacker at math.cornell.edu
Thu Mar 16 22:18:51 UTC 2006

On Thu, Mar 16, 2006 at 10:22:13PM +0100, Thomas Vander Stichele wrote:

> I asked around and I didn't really get an answer on how come everything
> that is in GNOME's release got upgraded to the actual released versions,
> except GStreamer.  Any logic to that ? Can someone shed some light ?

Among other things, GStreamer was not subject to the rigorous freezes
that the rest of GNOME was.  It's developed in a more independent fashion.
Hence, the difference between the 2.13.9x GNOME releases and 2.14 was
much smaller and safer, compared to the difference in GStreamer.
You know that, of course, based on the fact that you started this
thread on GNOME's release-team mailing list:
http://mail.gnome.org/archives/release-team/2006-March/msg00126.html

John Thacker