Sun JRE or JDK to enter core, or at least extras?

Warren Togami wtogami at redhat.com
Wed May 17 22:04:29 UTC 2006

Chris Adams wrote:
> The only reference to jpackage I see is "We are looking forward to
> collaborating with jpackage.org ...".  I don't see anything that says
> they already were working with them.

If there is anything positive about this news, it looks theoretically
possible that jpackage.org could distribute the JDK directly instead of
requiring people to build their own RPM from .spec.

Aside from this, yes, Fedora distributes only 100% Free and Open Source
Software.  And Red Hat continues its goal of implementing the entire
Java stack as FOSS, in gcj + Classpath.

Do not sacrifice liberty for a little short-term convenience.

Warren Togami
wtogami at redhat.com