Future Fedora Development

Matt elitescripts2000 at yahoo.com
Sun May 21 07:49:32 UTC 2006

Hi David,

I work at Microsoft in the VISTA Firewall team.  And I can tell you that VISTA
requires about 512 megs, to run.  ANd that is just to run the OS.

Fedora being GUI as well will never need such requirements as M$ has a HUGE
lead over 'Look and Feel' of a GUI based computer experience.

THe main thing to worry about is to not worry about VISTA at all... since Vista
WILL require computer hardware upgrades 100% guarenttee on that, most will not
instantly jump at the idea of VISTA.  Unless RAM and CPU along with video card
excelleration cards come down in price to compete with Dell < $250 for a
cedently powered computer.

However, things are only getting FASTER and BIGGER. ( I.e. Hard drives, RAM and
Video Memory is BIGGER... CPU, Memory, Bus and interface speeds are getting
FASTER ).

VISTA I believe is only following the trends in hardware...

Microsoft and Open Source will always be Apples and Oranges and one should
never compare the two.  Its just like debating religion and philosophy... it is
to no end.