A sole, standard proxy library for Fedora

Cam camilo at mesias.co.uk
Sun May 28 10:55:39 UTC 2006

Arthur

> I think that is a bit over kill. Quite possible, an iptables approach
> to make things more transperent, along with system wide applying of
> proxy configs (maybe a plugin system so diff. apps can let the
> configuring app know where to find them) might be easier to do.

I don't see how that would be easier - it would certainly be more work.
What I describe could be achieved with configuration of existing software.

I use a variation of the above (with an ssh tunnel) to retrieve mail
from several different networks, without having to reconfigure the
mailer app.

-Cam
--

                                                                      <--