Help! fc2->fc5

Lamont R. Peterson lamont at gurulabs.com
Fri May 5 21:54:21 UTC 2006

On Friday 05 May 2006 01:39pm, Avi Kivity wrote:
[snip]
> My machine went the FC2 -> rawhide -> FC4 -> FC5 path through yum. There
> were no special problems (well, I lost networking in FC5, but that was
> not related to yum vs anaconda).

Yes, that will work, sometimes.  I don't know the details of what Anaconda
just deals with that yum has on code for, so, YMMV.

> You will have to edit some configuration files though, and likely
> disable selinux.

I don't know if it you meant it this way, or not, but oh, please, don't just
go straight to advising people to shut off SELinux.  There are warts, yes,
but *so* much good work has been done and contines to make SELinux work.
There's already too many people out there who just say, "First thing to
always do is turn off SELinux."
--
Lamont R. Peterson <lamont at gurulabs.com>
Senior Instructor