Sun JRE or JDK to enter core, or at least extras?

Chris Adams cmadams at hiwaay.net
Wed May 17 22:32:22 UTC 2006

Once upon a time, Warren Togami <wtogami at redhat.com> said:
> If there is anything positive about this news, it looks theoretically
> possible that jpackage.org could distribute the JDK directly instead of
> requiring people to build their own RPM from .spec.

I don't know if even that will be possible.  The click-through license,
the restriction on alternatives, and the requirement for "all or
nothing" (while jpackage splits it up some) may all be killers.

To me, this looks like yet another half-step from Sun to try to look
good.  They do something like that every year or so, without ever really
accomplishing anything.

--
Chris Adams <cmadams at hiwaay.net>