Can we make readahead more robust to package updates?

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Sun Nov 12 23:15:57 UTC 2006

On 11/12/06, Jeff Spaleta <jspaleta at gmail.com> wrote:
> Okay its come to my attention that the readahead configs have a
> difficult time being kept in sync as package updates roll out. For fc6
> right now for example readahead is out of sync with firefox libraries.
>
> Can we update readahead's implementation so we can get per package
> control of the default configs?  Is a readahead.d/ structure
> appropriate here?

Sorry... i didnt look hard enough... the readahead.d structure was
added for fc6.... the problem is package maintainers aren't using it
yet.  I guess what I need to do is parse the existing config file...
identify individual packages that could drop files in readahead.d/
and poke the appropriate maintainers in the eye about dropping a file
in there as part of package payloading.

Anyone want to help me construct the list of packages that could make
sure of readahead.d/ on a per package basis based on the default
readahead configs we have right now?

-jef"First up... the firefox maintainer... where's my eye poking stick"spaleta