Volume label of installation media

Srihari Vijayaraghavan sriharivijayaraghavan at yahoo.com.au
Sun Oct 29 11:22:47 UTC 2006

--- Michel Salim <michel.salim at gmail.com> wrote:
[...]
> Though it's a bit curious that there's not enough
> KDE users
> beta-testing Fedora for the bug to be noticed before
> release?

Not sure about others, at least I, a loyal KDE user
:-), have other distributions (some more friendlier to
KDE :)) on Reiser file systems, which FC6T2 & T3
didn't like a bit due to a nasty kernel bug (yours
truly duly reported it like many others), which got
fixed before FC6 luckily. Perhaps, this prevented a
few us from testing FC6-T* releases more thoroughly on
KDE. Don't know.

(I've no FC6T2 & T3 CDs or DVDs at home. Maybe I've
them at work. I'll check what their volume labels were
like later.)

On the other extreme end, Kubuntu 6.10 adds underscore
characters automatically while mounting FC6 DVD. So,
there's at least another soul feels as strongly as me
about the blank space character :-).

Thanks