Announcing Fedora 7 Test 4 (6.93)

Florian La Roche laroche at redhat.com
Mon Apr 30 16:05:19 UTC 2007

On Mon, Apr 30, 2007 at 11:55:51AM -0400, Jeremy Katz wrote:
> On Mon, 2007-04-30 at 20:24 +0530, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> > Jesse Keating wrote:
> > .  The Fedora KDE Live CD is specifically crafted to showcase
> > > KDE, whilst the Fedora Live CD is specifically crafted to put Fedora's best
> > > foot forward in a reasonable usable desktop that will fit on a CD.  Again, it
> > > is not a "GNOME" LiveCD by any means.  Many parts of it are not gnome,
> > > especially areas like the browser.  A Fedora GNOME LiveCD could be crafted
> > > that showcases a pure GNOME desktop, like the KDE LiveCD.
> >
> > I already told you. This reasoning is flawed. The KDE live cd is not one
> > to showcase a "pure KDE desktop" just the GNOME live cd. It has Firefox
> > as the default browser just like GNOME.  It has dozens of GNOME
> > components. It might even have Evolution.
>
> Huh?  Have you actually even tried the KDE live image?  Default browser
> is konqueror, default mail client is kmail, ...  evolution and firefox
> aren't even included.

I think many people will miss firefox. I know there might be space constraints,
but moving then to bigger images will be the only item we could do to generate
more generic images that a broader set of people can use.
Just look at the size of a default install, it has really grown pretty huge
over the years.

regards,

Florian La Roche