Fedora 7 presentation (was Re: Announcing Fedora 7 Test 4 (6.93))

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Mon Apr 30 16:42:25 UTC 2007

On Monday 30 April 2007 09:15:19 Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> I still don't consider the name "Fedora 7" is not distinct enough for a
> spin. If a user saying I installed the Fedora 7 release he could very
> well be referring to one of the other spins instead. Other than I would
> drop "previously called Prime" part since that was used only in test
> releases and the wider audience wouldn't have heard about it.

To be quite honest, the need to know what spin you installed is rather low.
The important part is what software you are running (or not running).
Especially since every install either during or after install has access to
the entire Fedora package collection, it really matters not where they came
from.  Only in specific cases of install time issues does it matter if they
were on a Live image or a full spin, and in even more rare cases will it
matter which particular live or spin they are using.  Little enough that as
one of the people to be getting such bug reports, I'm perfectly happy with
asking for them to clarify some information.

--
Jesse Keating
Release Engineer: Fedora