Why nobody uses vnc module to X?

eric magaoay ericm24x7 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 17 15:30:46 UTC 2007

Timothy Pickering wrote:
> i have not yet had a chance to try out vnc.so in FC7t* or rawhide,
> though.  we have not had any problems with FC6 or any previous version
> that included vnc.so (since FC1 or 2?).  i will certainly squawk if it
> does stop working or goes away before FC7.  it, in fact, would likely
> be a deal-breaker for us that would prevent us from using FC7 if it
> did go away.

I use vnc.so module extensively on the daily basis to control remote
headless servers, including the latest development build (4.16.07). No
problem so far, with the exception of the double mouse pointers when
viewing a XEN guess  OS (domU) within a XEN host (dom0) that is within a
remote viewer  (sort of like viewing X within an X within an X). Of
course, the workaround and better solution to the above problem would be
to enable vnc server within domU and view from remote directly.

eric