Fedora Server Spin

Curtis Doty Curtis at GreenKey.net
Fri Jan 12 00:35:58 UTC 2007

3:33pm David Lutterkort said:

> Anybody interested in Fedora Server should have a look at the package
> list and let me know if they think a package should be classified
> differently; for the Maybe group, I'd appreciate comments on whether the
> packages should be included or not (e.g., should FSS support dynamic DNS
> and include the various clients for dyndns.org etc. ?)

This may be debatable, but avahi should *not* be part of the minimal
install. Maybe as an option...with the 802.1X supplicant just mentioned.

And mildly related, I have a couple server-class environments that desire
ImageMagick. The fc6 rpm would have produced a 50 package dependency list!
Some made sense. But others, like avahi, made none.

../C