Smolt: Fedora Hardware Profiler

David Hollis dhollis at davehollis.com
Wed Jan 31 20:25:15 UTC 2007

On Wed, 2007-01-31 at 11:30 -0600, Dennis Gilmore wrote:

> from http://publictest4.fedora.redhat.com/raw
>
> UUID  cc4dfded-42d8-489d-af68-c2ff14438d1c
>   OS  Aurora SPARC Linux release 2.90 (Aurora Corona)
>   platform  sparc64
>   bogomips  2001.0
>   systemMemory  16229
>   systemSwap  3996
>   CPUVendor  sun4v - ultrasparc t1 (niagara)
>   numCPUs  32
>   CPUSpeed  1000.0
>   language  en_US.UTF-8
>   defaultRunlevel  3
>   vendor  sun
>   system  Sun Fire(TM) T1000
> Bus Class Driver Description
> pci  OTHER  unknown  Broadcom|EPB PCI-Express to PCI-X Bridge
>   pci  OTHER  tg3  Broadcom Corporation|NetXtreme BCM5714 Gigabit Ethernet
>   MISC  NETWORK  unknown  Networking Interface
>   pci  OTHER  tg3  Broadcom Corporation|NetXtreme BCM5714 Gigabit Ethernet
>   MISC  NETWORK  unknown  Networking Interface
>   pci  OTHER  unknown  Broadcom|HT1000 PCI/PCI-X bridge
>   pci  OTHER  tg3  Broadcom Corporation|NetXtreme BCM5704 Gigabit Ethernet
>   MISC  NETWORK  unknown  Networking Interface
>   pci  OTHER  tg3  Broadcom Corporation|NetXtreme BCM5704 Gigabit Ethernet
>   MISC  NETWORK  unknown  Networking Interface
>   pci  SCSI  mptsas  LSI Logic / Symbios Logic|SAS1064 PCI-X Fusion-MPT SAS
>   scsi  HD  unknown  ATA|ST3320620AS
>
> thats one of my systems  that is all that gets sent.
>
> And again to re-iterate it is entirely voluntary "you choose" to submit or not
> your profile

I also presume the stats web page would be expanded on to provide more
than just Top 20 devices and such?  The reason I ask is that as a device
driver maintainer, it would certainly be interesting to be able to get
some ideas on how many people have the device/are using the driver and
platforms.

--
David Hollis <dhollis at davehollis.com>