CDs from DVD with Pungi almost works

Tony Nelson tonynelson at georgeanelson.com
Tue Jun 5 14:44:26 UTC 2007

At 10:20 AM -0400 6/5/07, Jesse Keating wrote:

>On Tuesday 05 June 2007 09:22:02 Tony Nelson wrote:
>> No.  The goal is to help people who can't use a DVD upgrade using CDs, so I
>> and they will be using FC6 to split the F7 DVD with the Pungi from 6.
>
>The only way you can compose Fedora 7 from Fedora 6 is through mock, and the
>mock chroot would have to be populated with Fedora 7 content.

Pungi doesn't just use the comps.xml list of packages and the given repo to
make the install images?  It gets some of its content from the running OS?
Perhaps what Pungi gets from the running OS could be added to the
documentation when that gets written.

>> >comps is not used to determine what packages
>> >get onto the media.  The manifest file does.  In the case of Fedora 7
>> > there is an /etc/pungi/f7-fedora.manifest file shipped, as well as
>> >an /etc/pungi/f7-fedora.i386/x86_64/ppc  file that can be slightly
>> > modified to make CD isos.  Just uncomment and lower the cdsize variable
>> > and increase the discs variable.
>>
>> Where is this .manifest file shipped?  There are no .manifest files on the
>> DVD.
>
>It's shipped in the Fedora 7 pungi package.

And apparantly can't be used by a Pungi that runs on FC6.  Too bad.
Perhaps I'll be able to make do with the comps.xml file on the DVD.  (If it
won't work, it would help to say how it won't work, because it seems to
work.)