too many deamons by default - F7 test 2 live cd

Florian La Roche laroche at redhat.com
Tue Mar 20 08:51:33 UTC 2007

On Mon, Mar 19, 2007 at 04:18:58PM +0530, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> Florian La Roche wrote:

> >>Yes, They are. For a desktop. A Live CD is targeted at the desktop.
> >>Nothing else.
> >

> >We should really target a Live-DVD instead of a Live-CD.
>
> DVD drives are way too costly in many regions. We still need a Live CD.

Rahul, this is really wrong.

First goal should be a good DVD. This does not prevent a smaller CD to
show up, but those will really be more specialized for certain setups anyway.

It is also really wrong to select exim instead of the default sendmail.
I am all for improving exim and checking if it should be default in the
future for Fedora, but changing this from a default install to the
Live-CD is not very good.

regards,

Florian La Roche