VNC development plan - discuss

Adam Tkac atkac at redhat.com
Tue Mar 6 10:13:31 UTC 2007

Patrice Dumas napsal(a):
> On Tue, Mar 06, 2007 at 10:52:41AM +0100, Adam Tkac wrote:
>

>> I don't want leave vnc maintaning. I only want fire away duplicates
>> (vino + krfb, I don't maintain any of these) and substitute it by more
>> scalable x11vnc. I think vino + krfb maintainers could write comment
>>

> Duplicates in fedora are good. Why do you want to fire them away? The
> only criterion for having a package in fedora (besides being free
> software) is that there is a maintainer for it. In rare cases (for
> example buggy unmaintained package without upstream that a packager
> don't have time to fix) it may make sense to discuss about retiring
> the package, but only if it is broken. Duplication isn't an issue at
> all, or, rather, is a very good thing.
>
> --
> Pat

Of course that duplications are really good thinks. I love when I can
select best application for my requirement. I want put this packages
away because x11vnc has same functions like that packages but brings
many new options. If I try compare this change with something I think it
is same like you have two standard cars and you could substitute it by
one rolls-royce (quite extreme comparsion:) )

Adam