For your consideration: Secondary Architectures in Fedora

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Thu May 31 11:10:42 UTC 2007

On Wed, 2007-05-30 at 10:30 +0100, Mark McLoughlin wrote:
>         As Jakub pointed out, there is a burden - having to wait for the slower
> arches to complete a build. I was under the impression that that was one
> of the main things that secondary arches was intended to fix.

No, the builds for the faster architectures would be available in koji
for that arch immediately. They just wouldn't hit the _repository_ for
longer. But then most people are using mirrors which are a day or so
behind anyway, aren't they? That doesn't affect the pace of development.

When do you think you'd be waiting?

--
dwmw2