joe

Leszek Matok Lam at Lam.pl
Sat Nov 24 18:40:11 UTC 2007

Dnia 2007-11-24, o godz. 13:02:17 Matthew Miller <mattdm at mattdm.org>
napisał(a):

> It's worthwhile to learn enough vi to suit this purpose. (It's actually an
> excellent config-file editor.)
I know vi much past the point when I was able to edit fedora.repo or
ifcfg-eth0. I still think it's a sick editor and use it only when I have to
(like no network to get joe from). I wouldn't recommend learning vi to anyone
who doesn't already know it.

And yes, I'm from the joe (and tcsh) front. But I don't cry for lack of normal
editor on the DVD for people who mess up their Xorg config - they have nano,
which is an excellent choice for newbies (especially if they knew pico). If
there's no place for joe - that's alright. I manage.

Lam
PS. I don't mean to start any editor war, but that's been torturing me for
ages - can vi or sed search and replace a string containing a newline? (joe
does this and I know two vi users using joe only for it, after I told them
about it). I'm really courious, you can reply me privately if you know the
answer :)