Getting my broadcom wireless card to work with rawhide

Jonathan Steffan jon at fedoraunity.org
Thu Oct 4 19:40:15 UTC 2007

John W. Linville wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 04, 2007 at 12:38:53PM -0600, Jonathan Steffan wrote:
>
>>> So far so good - the activity light comes on on the card and I'm happy.
>>>
>>> My problem comes activating it. /sbin/ifup wlan0 comes up with
>> I got just about as far. The card seemed to "work" but I was unable to
>> associate with any of the WAPs I could see.
>
> Did you open a bugzilla?

No, I tried solving the issue on my own (this was back with fc6) but
then gave up and just used ndiswrapper. For F7, I tried bcm43xx again
and was able to scan for networks but was unable to associate. Similar
results were reported by a few people with the same hardware, so I gave
up and went back to using ndiswrapper. I got in communication with the
bcm43xx dev team and they blamed [[ insert fedora incorrect
implementation here ]], something to do with the new 80211mac (or
whatever). Anywho, no, no I didn't file a bug.

Jonathan Steffan
daMaestro