KDE logout options with F8

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Wed Oct 31 02:47:18 UTC 2007

Bill Nottingham wrote:

>> If someone installs just Xorg without any desktop
>> environment, I don't see why the default Xorg display manager would be a
>> bad choice. The only users who are going to install just Xorg are power
>> users and we don't have to worry about them too much since this is a corner
>> case.
>
> Right! If they happened to choose this group before, let's change the
> defaults now so they get something worse!

We worry about this corner case of users choosing just Xorg and then
inflict worse choices on a much more common scenario of users using KDE.
That doesn't make much sense to me.

> Perhaps I wasn't clear enough. gdm is installed as part of base-x. So
> you can't change this just via package installation.

So the question is, is there any way at all to get KDM by default when
users select KDE during installation or is there none?

Rahul