FESCo Meeting Summary for 2007-09-06

Michael Schwendt mschwendt.tmp0701.nospam at arcor.de
Fri Sep 7 09:44:36 UTC 2007

On Fri, 07 Sep 2007 00:56:23 +0200, Ralf Corsepius wrote:

> On Thu, 2007-09-06 at 15:45 -0400, Brian Pepple wrote:
>
> > == Closing Maintainers List ==
> >       * After a long discussion, it was decided to close the
> >         fedora-maintainers-list. In the future maintainer discussions
> >         will be conducted on the fedora-devel-list. bpepple will send a
> >         notice out announcing this.
> Given this decision, I would like to propose to also close down
> * fedora-test-list@:
> Rationale: There can't be a clear separation between testing and
> development. testing is part of development and maintaining packages.

+1

I wholeheartedly agree here. Find somebody who can explain in clear
words which list to use when and for what and get that into the heads
of the subscribers. Especially during the periods when there are
official Test releases of the distribution, there is no clear
separation between fedora-test* and fedora-devel*, and between
development in rawhide and the test releases. But there are either
cross-posts or exclusive posts to either list, which require everybody
with interest to subscribe to both lists in order to stay informed.
And then the Test Update announcements, which are much more relevant
to the users of the stable dists, are mixed in there, too.