Windows based installation of Fedora Linux?

Ago agostino.russo at gmail.com
Thu Sep 13 14:36:16 UTC 2007

King InuYasha <ngompa13 <at> gmail.com> writes:

> Perhaps then, if someone with the skill to work on the Linux side of the
stuff can figure out how to solve some of the issues, the patches could be sent
into the upstream for affected components, and I do have some knowledge of
NSIS, but Wubi code is somewhat difficult for me to sift through.... So how
does the latest version of the installer work exactly? I am somewhat confused
now....

Please see the other post for how it works. Feel free to ask if you need more
details.

Some front-end related projects:

* Find a reliable way to map windows drives to linux devices
* Make wubi code distro-neutral and easy to rebrand
* Improve detection of relevant windows settings (detect screen
readers/accessibility options, improve timezone detection, current screen
settings...)
* Improve downloader. The current metadl library already supports download
resume, metalinks and partial checksums. But the mirror selector is too basic
(random choice). The library is being rewritten in c++ to add segmented
downloads. Hampus Wessman is working on it, but he could probably do with some
help.
* Improve skin (ExperienceUI?)
* Code clean-up / refactoring
* Change interface language at runtime