My 2 cents on the whole Fedora to succeed as global wide deployed desktop are...

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Tue Sep 4 12:21:39 UTC 2007

On Mon, 03 Sep 2007 14:55:19 -0400
Stewart Adam <s.adam at diffingo.com> wrote:

> That's what I'm saying - Letting the user select is nice. Some
> machine's fans will blare, others not. Some Desktop CPU have throttle
> states, others none or not enough to make a big change.

Letting the user choose is fine.  Asking every single user the question
is not fine.  I'm all for customization and choice, I just think we
toss enough technobabble at people and get in their way enough before
we let them use the system.  Keep in mind that Live images don't really
go through this and there haven't been many(any?) complaints in that
area despite the rather large uptake on usage.  I think that model
somewhat proves that we don't have to bombard our users with a ton of
questions and instead pick reasonable defaults and provide tools to
adjust after the fact.

--
Jesse Keating