Making "upstream" tarballs available

seth vidal skvidal at fedoraproject.org
Tue Sep 4 12:38:26 UTC 2007

On Fri, 2007-08-31 at 14:21 -0700, Toshio Kuratomi wrote:

> Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> > Toshio Kuratomi wrote:
> >
> >> We can add the  recommendation but we can't eliminate the "SRPM is
> >> canonical" language as long as people still want the SRPM to be the
> >> canonical location.  To remove the exception, you'll have to talk to the
> >> devs involved to see whether they're against moving into hosted.fp.o.
> >>
> >> If everyone wants to we'd be happy to get rid of the exception :-)
> >
> > The next thing would be is to list out the packages which has the
> > packages as the canonical source, contact the developers and ask them if
> > they are willing to move to hosted.
>
> Seth is working on this.  I haven't looked at it because not all
> packages are reviewed yet.... and therefore not all packages are going
> to have proper Source: lines or comments conforming to the Guidelines.

Here's the results -  I just did searches against devel and F-7 pkgs.

http://skvidal.fedorapeople.org/misc/source-without-url.txt

the script I used is here:

http://skvidal.fedorapeople.org/misc/look-for-no-url-source.sh

It should help us track down the ones we can control and help it.

some that are listed that spring to mind:
system-config-bind
system-config-boot
system-config-cluster
system-config-date